The Iris Network Rehabilitation Center
Rehabilitation is A mindset; not just a skillset
Rehabilitation Center student using accessible technology
Focus on employment and independent living skills
“ The program was a truly life-changing experience. We learned the latest technologies designed to help us compete in today’s working world. And we learned from each other. I made friends I’ll have for life.”
Tailored to your vision needs and goals
- 40-plus hours of comprehensive instruction each week in a 12-week program.
- pportunities to explore: vocational development, accessible technology, orientation and mobility, Braille, daily living skills, and manual arts.
- Highly-trained, experienced staff work with you. Staff include: Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist, Certified Low Vision Therapist, Employment Specialist, Assistive Technology Specialist, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Orientation and Mobility Specialist, Recreational Therapist, and Mental Health Therapist, along with an Occupational Therapist, Ophthalmologist, and Optometrist.
- Historic dormitory offers cozy, home-like, group living, and community for eligible participants from across the country.
- After-hours recreational activities organized several times a week with opportunities to explore Portland, the cultural and entertainment mecca of Maine’s rocky Southern Coast.
Photos: Above, a student at the Center learns JAWS; Below, a student has a cooking lesson in the training apartment.
The Iris Network Rehabilitation Center offers an individualized, intensive vocational development program for the 21st century, driven by technology. Expect comprehensive instruction each week provided by highly-trained, experienced, and certified staff inclusive of scheduled activities and recreation. The program is a collaborative effort between The Iris Network staff, the consumer and her or his VR counselor. 12-week program components include the following:
The Iris Network campus also boasts a low vision clinic staffed by Certified Low Vision Therapists, an ophthalmologist, optometrists and an Occupational Therapist.
Designed to deliver cutting edge vision rehabilitation, the Center opened in 2015. It has everything from a model apartment to learn independent living skills to a technology center where participants will learn how to integrate technology into every facet of their lives.
The campus and dormitory are in Portland, Maine. Situated on Maine’s rocky southern coast, Portland is the business and cultural capital of Maine. The dormitory is a historic home that provides a cozy, home-like, group living community. After-hour recreational activities are organized several times a week.
COME WALK WITH US on October 15, 2016!
Do you shop online? Proceeds from over 100 stores go to support The Iris Network if you click above to shop with no additional cost to you!