Access Technology and Employment Services
The Access Technology and Employment Services (ATES)
- The ATES program will utilize the most up-to-date adaptive technology products and teaching techniques to provide the training required to gain, or maintain, employment.
- ATES services are provided to increase participant’s ability to use technology to reach their personal, vocational and educational goals.
- ATES instruction is personalized and delivered to individuals in the format that best meets their needs.
- ATES training is provided in the least restrictive environment, whether it is in the client’s home or center based.
In addition to the individual and group access technology training, the ATES program will:
- Provide job identification, analysis and business consultation services;
- Help clients of The Iris Network attain temporary work experiences, which we hope become permanent;
- Benefit employers as this program helps with retention of valued employees who experience a vision loss.
The ATES program will provide the pathways for:
- Employed individuals to continue employment in their current or new field;
- Unemployed individuals to become employed
- Program participants to explore all educational opportunities, be they formal or informal;
- All program participants to be able to remain fully engaged with their families, friends and communities.
The ATES program will enable visually impaired or blind individuals to actively participate in the information age and not be shut out by the continual advances in technology and the prevailing assumption that everyone should, and can, access needed information through each new technology device. A brochure for employers and employees can be found here.
For more information:
Director of Access Technology and Employment Services
207.774.6273 ext. 3306
Job Training Coordinator
Jump to main menu
COME WALK WITH US on October 15, 2016!
Do you shop online? Proceeds from over 100 stores go to support The Iris Network if you click above to shop with no additional cost to you!