Walk this Way!
Register now and join hundreds of walkers for the 16th Annual White Cane Awareness Walk on October 15th through downtown Portland – and raise money for results you can really see.
- One in three people in the US will experience significant vision loss in their lifetime
- Over 100,000 Mainers report they have trouble seeing even with corrective devices
- 40,000 Mainers can benefit from the services of The Iris Network - that number is expected to double over the next decade!
The Iris Network’s mission is to help people who are blind or visually impaired attain independence and community integration; facilitating learning the skills to overcome vision loss and maintain an independent and active life at home, at work and in the community.
Our Walk raises funds for The Iris Network’s important services and programs:
- Vision Rehabilitation Services
- Low Vision Services
- Maine AIRS – a broadcast reading service
- Resident Support Services at Iris Park Apartments
- Training with adaptive technology
Our Walk starts and ends at Monument Square, where you'll enjoy free food, music and some very entertaining and informative demonstrations. It's always a fun event and best of all you'll be raising money to directly and positively impact the lives of fellow Mainers.
So donate, register yourself, or form your corporate team today! Donations are tax deductible and we'll have some great prizes for the individuals and teams that raise the most money!
COME WALK WITH US on October 15, 2016!
Do you shop online? Proceeds from over 100 stores go to support The Iris Network if you click above to shop with no additional cost to you!